Texas Capitol
A memorial to the Battle of the Alamo, above, stands on the south lawn. The names of those who fell in the battle are engraved on the four corner pillars. The oldest Texas public building, center, is located southeast of the Capitol. Originally constructed in 1856 as the General Land Office Building, it now houses the Capitol Visitors Center. The fountain, right, was once located atop an artesion well on the Capitol grounds. It gives piped water.
capitols main page